Friday, February 24, 2006

Baby Wowie

Don't let my post title fool you. The only WOW about the wowie is how fast it all happened. Wowie in my world means owie.

It appears I got bitten by a bug several times in a very, how can I say, delicate area on my body. Looking at first like diaper rash, mommy made sure I had as much open air as possible last night. However, my bites got bigger and I experienced intense swelling from 6 a.m. - 10 a.m. this morning. After a trip to the pediatrician and concern that I could have a hernia in my groin or a twisted you-know-what, I was referred to the ER for an ultrasound. Long story short, my swelling was diagnosed as a severe infection and I was placed on IV antibiotics and fluids. Good news is it wasn't the twisty thing or a hernia - both which would have required surgery. Mommy and daddy and 'bama and all the health care people were super impressed with how brave I was. I sure was in pain though.

So, I have about 48 hours of R-n-R before I show improvement and about 10 days of drugs, thrice daily.

Beating the odds,

~ Emerson

1 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Emerson, hey, it's Cynthia.

Listen, this is the kind of situation where you have to learn to play your mom's emotions and get as much as you can while the worry/relief stage lasts. You have to ask for ice cream every 2 minutes, with cookies for desert. You have to ask to stay up to watch Saturday Night Live. This is the time when you will be allowed to watch R-rated movies. Do not settle for anything less. Life will be back to normal on Monday and the opportunity will have passed.

So glad you're better, but next time, remember my words.

xoxo

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home