Monday, May 23, 2005

Do You Hear What I Hear?

All I can hear right now is my screaming. Bloody murder.

Well, my ear tube surgery is done. We got there at 7 a.m. they took me back at 7:50, and the nurse went and got mommy and daddy at 8:01 to say I was done. I didn't come out of the anesthesia too well. I have basically been kicking and screaming for an hour and just dozed off to sleep. Isn't it amazing that I can post a message on my blog while sleeping?!?!? That's the Miracle of Modernity (aka MOM).

All the fluid has been drained from my ears and I shouldn't have too much additional drainage. We have some special drops to put in my ears, 3 times per day, which should help.

My hearing should be improved immediately and I should also start seeing improved balance, although I am getting pretty good on my feet!

Well, tomorrow morning at 7:30 a.m. I am going in for my very first vital stimulation therapy session. It's a pretty intense schedule - 6 days per week for about 3 and a half weeks. Mommy and daddy will go to my first and then take turns taking me. I really am excited. Please keep your fingers crossed and keep me in your thoughts.

Big hugs!

Emerson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home